Friday, April 8, 2011

The Rodents Have Eaten My Perennials

I've been speaking to many of my neighbors who I know garden and we are all facing the same heart breaking fact. The mice, voles, moles and other rodents have had a field day this winter with our plants, shrubs and trees.

My decimated front garden




My whole front garden is gone: black-eyed susans, hostas, echinaceas the list goes on.The only thing that survived are the Shasta Daisies.

Many people have suggested that I should use poisons, but for me that is not an option.
I did a little research and instead I will be planting plants that others have found rodents don't like.

If you are interested some of these plants include: mint, holly, garlic, castor beans, daffodils, camphor, alliums, and lavender.
If you can try to use less harmful to the environment ways to accomplish things around your yard.



No comments:

Post a Comment