Monday, April 25, 2011

Inspiration from younger people!

I've been a busy bee these past few days which sadly means less time for me to post about incredible stories of goodness in the area.

And the worst thing is I missed the Earth Day celebrations at the Legion because I was working.

Before I had to head to work though I did manage to pop down to the 1st Avenue Clean Up! What an amazing group of people who did a wonderful job of cleaning up that stinky mess and another shout out to the amazing Tracy who organized and instigated the whole thing! I have footage I am hoping to put up tomorrow but first a teaser form one of the young participants:



Young people these days! Made me smile for practically the whole day!

Another wow young people are great moment when I finally got home after work and my partner gave me the run-down on what I missed at the Earth Day ceremony. It basically came down to three points that really stick in my head:

1. Richard's poetry was AMAZING!
2. She gave me all the details and contact info on the women that did the water blessing, including a nifty bracelet that I haven't taken off, some lovely tea, and a unity button.

3. A pamphlet called "How does Your Garden Grow"? a most wonderful thing put together by Julia Grein. A summary of her project can be found here.

Check it out! Especially if you garden but really the conclusions she draws from her research should be published and talked about in local newspapers because they are that important!

2 comments: